Facebook Badge

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hittin' the ground running, What God been doing lately, and A Night Out to J.Peters

Hey there y'all! Its been so insane! I finally had my last required interview for my internship this summer. It was good for the most part... Regardless of all the stuff I head to do with that, I had to jump also onto school work and reading and homework... oh my! Absolute insanity... however, with the internship stuff all behind me now, I can focus solely on this semester and this final year of school as well!
When it comes to me and God... I'm actually in a pretty cool place but at first I didn't really like it all that much. My professor in my senior level spiritual formations class, Dr. Howard, used the analogy of going whitewater rafting and I'm currently at a pool of rest. I am recovering from the rapids of transformation that I went through with being in an internship and letting God use me the ways he needed me to. He is wanting me to rest and recover while learning more about him and about myself during this time. I have felt and can tell that there are some pretty intense rapids to come for me soon so I must be prepared for it. At first, I wasn't too happy because I'm so future, task focused that being told to just rest, relax, and live in the moment you are in now was not at ALL what I wanted to hear. But as time went on, I realized I really did need it. There was a lot I had gone through and how I felt like some serious, life changing was "coming down the pike" (as my professor would say - he's a yank! ;) ), I needed this to understand God more, understand myself more, and really prepare for what was to come. I'm going through everything from God and who he is, to who I am, to my issues of trust, fear of the future, endurance, patience... everything! It really seems like God is going over me with a fine tooth comb and really taking inventory and helping fix some things. During this time I've been meeting with my mentor constantly, continuing to learn and dig deeper in my studies about God and myself in many ways, and I've received a lot of guidance and advise from many people all the way from professors to friends. Its quite something to be learning about myself and God in such deeper and profound ways than I never really thought and looked at before. I'm so excited to see what is to come! :)
Now onto one of my favorite parts of the blog! This past weekend my boyfriend, Rich and I, we decided to do something different for a Saturday night outing. So we got all dolled up (Doesn't he look absolutely delicious?! He's so hot! Tehehe...:D ), and we headed some place new - The Original J.Peters Steakhouse and Restaurant in historic downtown Anderson, SC. Now we didn't know what to expect except what our friends told us about the place. We walked in and I would probably think of a place much classier than Taco Mac/Chili's that was built in one of the original buildings built there in Anderson. It has had some adding on to but with as amazing and "hopping" of a place it was, I can see why! It had a long bar with a few flat screens propped up to show the football games that were on but Rich and I decided to sit in one of the nicer, family areas of the restaurant. Our server was a sweet young lady who was very hospitable and very knowledgeable of the selections there and all the great food! And was the food great... more like amazing! The price is about average, maybe a bit on the high side but otherwise, reasonable! It was something close to a five star restaurant quality of food. Rich had the Hickory Smoked Salmon and I had the House Sirloin with loaded mash potatoes. I really don't know how else to describe it except incredible! I had not enjoyed such great food in a long time! Salmon was perfect and flaky, the steak cooked to perfection... so good! They have just about anything and everything you can think of: from fried chicken, to filet minion, to burgers, to sandwiches, to seafood, and even some incredible desserts from what I have heard about (hadn't tried any of them sadly - wish too though next time), and probably the best sweet tea I've had in a long, long time! Seriously though, if that is how they are all the time, I can see why people love going to it so much! The atmosphere is a bit loud at times not because of it being a bar with games on, but more than likely the acoustics because of the building being so wide and having such high ceilings. So really in the end: Guys if you ever get a chance to go to one of the few places where J. Peters is set up in and around Anderson, go to it! Its phenomenal and you won't regret it! Well that's it for me for now! I'll talk to you guys hopefully soon! Take care and later dayz! ~Jeanne :)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers