Facebook Badge

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter, Rare feelings, and finishing up this semester...



~Courtesy of www.catholicbishops.ie

Hey guys! Happy Easter to you all and I hope all is going well! Things are pretty much going right now for me...

Easter is pretty good this year! I went home for a nice 3 day weekend since we got Good Friday off. It was great spending it with my family, eating some good food and relaxing some (thanks to homework/projects... >.<). My older sister, Jess, sang at our church, 12Stone, for Easter! OMG!! She was incredible! She did Eva Cassidy's version of "Somewhere over the rainbow"... so amazing! The reason for the song was because our pastor, Pastor Kevin or PK for short, talked about how all great stories have the same general make up and structure of the first and greatest story ever told: the story of Jesus. He pointed out that all great stories have the same three basic components: We all get lost, We all need help and There's no place like home. It was such an amazing sermon and it had me and my mom ballin' like babies! We also became witnesses to so many people accepting Jesus as their Savior for the first time and we couldn't help but be moved and rejoice with them! God was there and He changed lives these past couple of days. So incredible! Afterward, we came home, decorated eggs with the kids and chilled out for the rest of the weekend! It was great... :D



Along with all this happening, I've been working through some things of my own (like that's anything new - ;) ). Amongst clearing out all the rubbish in my mind and heart that I'm trying to throw out that aren't true and focusing on things in my life right now that are good and pleasing to God, I can't help but feel feelings I hadn't in a very long time: the feeling of love. Now hold your horses before you jump to any conclusions... I'm talking about a few different versions of love (For those of you who haven't read "The Four Loves" by CS Lewis this might not make much sense but stick with me). I usually experience and know agape love (loving/caring regardless of circumstance) as well as storge love (love/caring through familiarity like family/friends) but recently I've felt more the loves I haven't and I'm not use to feeling: that of philas love (love/strong bond shared between friends who have alot in common) and possibly eros love (the sense of "being in love") have begun to resonate a bit more than they usually do in my heart. I'm trying to understand and figure out what exactly this all might means. In all honesty I'm scared... these are feelings I haven't felt in so long and I'm terrified of jumping to the wrong conclusion or getting hurt because that's how it ALWAYS ends up. Just pray that I can figure these feelings and situations out right now... it would mean so much to me... ;)

Well to end a happier note... I have about 4 weeks left here at Atlanta Christian College! I'm trying hard to finish strong and do my best on these last few projects I have to do here for a few classes! Pray that I can get them done on time and done well! (Trying to maintain my 4.0 GPA as I transfer to Toccoa in the fall) Things are starting to pile on top of me but I know if I buckle down, grit my teeth and do my best I'll get through it before I know it!

Well that's it for now! Thanks for reading and I hope that y'all have a great week and for God to bless you! Later days! ;)

~Jeanne;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers