Facebook Badge

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Too busy for my own good, 3 weeks = done, and catching up on good eating places!

Hey y'all! Finally have a brief moment to catch you up on some stuff that has been happening! First of all, my internship is crazy busy but crazy fun! I'm enjoying myself while at the same time I'm stressing some about making sure I finish stuff and fulfill my requirements for school. Slowly but surely I'm doing it but I've still got a few more vital stuff to do before I'm done officially here. I mean I've done alot already! Revamping communications, providing a summer program for the kids on Wednesday nights, mentoring a child (sorry I haven't told you guys much about them, kinda confidential), planning, organization and completing a VBS program for them, going to meetings, meeting families and their kids, leading a small group, planning and leading the devotional time of a family retreat... and more! So I'm grateful of what I have accomplished and experienced so far in this internship!
Another thing I realized this week... I'm 3 weeks from being finished with my internship! This internship has truly flown by, its been so much fun, and I've enjoyed it so much! In about 4 weeks I'll be starting my final year of school!! :D I can't wait!! There is so much about to happen to me... I can just feel it! Alot of things are about to come to completion for me! I can't wait to see what happens because of it!
Okay so since its been a while since I've told you of a couple of places, I should catch you up! One of the places I'd like to tell you about is a restaurant called the Cook Out! Now this place is kinda of all over the place on the east coast but it was the first time I had heard of it. So I checked it out with some people from my church one Sunday afternoon after church! It is really, really good! This restaurant, located on the main strip of Anderson (Clemson Blvd), makes all their food fresh, from scratch, and is priced a pretty decent price (You can get a Cook Out Special in which you choose a main entree, two sides, and a large drink for like 4.39). Now I have had their chicken tenders there which aren't terrible but they ain't nothing to wrote home to mom about. The burgers are really, really good and really fresh! Another specialty they have - 38 different milkshake flavors which are pretty awesome too! Their atmosphere is very much a fun, family/hang out with friends place with mostly wooden booths to sit at and music playing consistently. (did I mention its a Christian owned place? Just want to make sure). The place and people are very friendly and hospitable. So if you're ever in Anderson and want some really good food at a really great price, check out the Cook Out! :)
Now another place I enjoyed was actually outside of Anderson in a little town called Hartwell, Ga! That's where my wonderful boyfriend lives and one weekend I got the chance to stay there to help out with an event his church was doing. While there I got to eat at this place not once but twice and I must say it was really, really good! Its called the Downtown Cafe of Hartwell. They specialize in a lot of good dishes, some American, some Greek, and some Italian and all of which I've tried and I've enjoyed very much so! I had their Philly Cheese steak Sandwich one day while another day I have their Cantonella which was so cheesy, meaty, and so good! Their atmosphere is very much a mix of the three cultures with a bar and TVs showing the latest sports games. The place is kinda dark with low lit lights so it can have a bit of a romantic feeling if you are closer to the back of the restaurant. The people are very kind and very friendly. So if you are ever in Hartwell, be sure to check it out! Well that's it for me now! I'll be back later and tell you more of what is to come with me and my internship and what other great places I find in this area! Later dayz! ~Jeanne ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers