Facebook Badge

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Startin' Some Summer Sizzle, Bustin' It Before Vacay Comes, & An Incredible Metro Take On An Italian Restaurant

Hey y'all! Hope all has been going well for you... Well as you can see I've got such a nice office and trust me, all this past week that was the only scenery I had. Don't get me wrong; I love my internship but its kinda hard to sit at a desk for such long extended periods of time in order to create and write curriculum and design family ministry programs. I guess it just something I have to get use to, I guess. However come next week, I'll have a week off from my internship to rest and relax! So excited for that; To Do List: Sleep in, Do a little more exploring around Anderson, Spend some time with my man, spending time with my host family, Maybe get some reading done and school assignments for my internship. Yeah, it'll be good... :) Speaking of family ministry programs, I officially started a couple of them this week! One of which is called "Summer Sizzle", our Wednesday night children's program for the children's ministry. We are using some of the material from Lifeway's "Amazing Wonders Aviation" and are having a blast with it! This isn't just something to keep kids entertained while mom and dad go to Wednesday night service or small group; we play game, sing, dance, and learn about God's incredible power in all aspects of life! Also during this time I've been putting together and putting the word out about the small group I'm starting at the church the first week of July - for engaged and married couples! I'm so excited about it and can't wait to start it next week! We are going to go in-depth and look at what God's original design is for marriage and how to keep God in the center of one's relationship while hitting on topics like holistic intimacy, communication, conflict, headship and submission, learning to love and respect one another, and so much more! Its been cool to prepare for it and to break it down to help make it more prominent to couples. I just can't wait to start it and see how God will take this passion of mine and what he's placed on my heart and see what he'll do with them! Now to tell of my newest food find here in Anderson! If you go down to the historic downtown area of Anderson, you'll probably see some quaint businesses and restaurants. Now when I got there, I was told by many people that I met there to try one of four places: Summa Joes (I went on Monday and apparently its not open on Mondays), Sullivan's (I couldn't find it until I was leaving), Peter's (really nice and expensive from what I heard) or Trio (which is where I ended up). Now I didn't know what to expect since there were no doors or anything to indicate its entrance; it was just a huge gaping hole in between some storefronts! But when I walked in, it felt very cool and comforting! Decked out in some really modernized, Italian influenced decor I was excited to try it out! Now when I sat down, my waitress told me that the Lobster Bisque was their specialty there (and I believe her very much so); however, I tried a modernized take on the philly cheese steak sandwich - it was a philly cheese steak wrap but it was cooked a little bit differently! They had all the regular fixings on it (onions, peppers, and mushrooms) but they cooked it with some black pepper and spices that just put it over the top! It was so gooey and spicy all at once! Makes my mouth water thinking about it again! You get a choice of a side item like salad, soup, or fries (and you know I can't turn down fries) and a drink! One of the other things about this place is their house bread - hot fresh bread with olive oil and fresh Parmesan cheese dowsed on top! It was so simple and so amazing! And with all this great food, it only cost me about $10! I really can't wait to go back there again; the people there are so friendly, the atmosphere warm, and the food so good you'll find any excuse to stay just a bit longer. Well that's it for me this week! Check back next week to hear about my internship adventures and my food discoveries! Until next time, take care and later dayz! ~Jeanne ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers