Facebook Badge

Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year, New Classes, New Dreams, New Books...



Hey everyone!!

Hope all of y'all had a great Christmas and New Year as well as God's presence being more evident in your life! With the beginning of this year, I've started really digging back into my quiet/devotional times and for some reason wisdom has been a big thing... I'm really enjoying what I'm learning and can't wait to see what God has next for me!

Like stated in the title, I've started back to my Spring semester of my sophomore year at Atlanta Christian College and boy did I pick some doozies for classes! Ancient Near Eastern History, History and Literature of Women in America, Geography, Story of Jesus' Followers and Spanish II. Basically 4 of the 5 are history oriented and the only one that isn't is a foreign language! Oh well... I guess that's what you get for being a history major...

I've also had alot of opportunities present themselves to me. Some of them missions, others schools and still others that I really can't mention for fear of jinxing it. When it comes to the missions stuff, I have an opportunity to head to China this summer for a month to teach English there. I just finished some of the application process and had a phone interview this past weekend so right now its all prayers!! I've also had trips presented to me from my college ministry as well as other organizations. My heart has been longing for the mission field since I got back from Mexico about 2 years ago. I want to go NOW but I know the BEST one is when God's favor is in it. So, again, its all prayers and waiting...

For some reason within the past couple of months, my mind has been going towards a subject I've actually tried not to talk about/think about/spend too much time on because... well, I don't want to sound too girly and really I don't think much about it but for some reason its been quite dominate in my thoughts recently: a significant other, a boyfriend. I don't know why, I guess its that I've pushed it aside for so long or that a ton of people I know are engaged and getting married that I can't really think about anything else... its really crazy. Maybe he's in my life and I don't know it right now or that he's on his way or whatever... I just wish God would help me out in this.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to start reading more and not just anything... books that are classics. I kinda got a head start on it in November/December reading Homer's The Iliad and The Odyssey. Right now I'm reading Plato's The Republic... very interesting stuff. I hope to keep this New Year resolution.... ;)

To close, I'd like to leave ya something I've been enjoyed meditating on...

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[d] to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light."~Colossians 1:9-12 NIV

~Jeanne;)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

jeanne i hope you do well in all of your classes this year. i remember loading up on challenging courses when i was a university student. i had a feeling of strength and comfort, like i was in the right place and doing something worthwhile. i was tough, but i loved it! and i hope the same for you. enjoy every minute, because, to this day, i still miss the whole university atmosphere sometimes. :)
i feel you on the "boy" thing too...it does seem like everyone is getting engaged, married, or pregnant! i was watching joyce meyer last night (love her!) and she said something that spoke to me about that subject. basically she said this: God will give you what he has for you when you're ready for it; and you believe me, you don't want to take on anything you're not ready for!
i fully believe this and as a result, have not really been thinking about "finding" or "going after" a guy lately. i really believe i have somethings God is working on that need to be spiritually matured/corrected before i can be in a true. mutually loving relationship. i don't know where you are, but maybe it's true for you too. i keep thinking that whenever I'M ready, then God will bring that man into my life who will be "the best thing that ever happened to me" (to quote ray lamontagne :D). and who knows...maybe God is trying to get him ready for me too. :)
love you!

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers