Facebook Badge

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Roads and their forks (pt. 2)....



Hope all is well for everyone! This past week has been a bit of a long one for me as well as really starting to dig into my classes and trying to keep up with them and get projects started. Of course, only God knows if I'll succeed... @.@;

As I posted last week, I had come to a decision to look into and apply for Toccoa Falls College. After a week of deciding this I began the process of looking into the school and getting ready to apply for it. But for some reason, today I was hit with the realization, thanks to my dad, that maybe a little bit of this decision might have to do with the fact that I haven't really been digging into the word. Understandably so, I was a little upset/hurt (Okay I was pissed... >.<*). I've thought that I had been digging into God's word and doing my devotionals like I had always done. But as I looked back on them, it was true... my spiritual walk hasn't only been endangered by the things and people I lack here but that I had become somewhat half-hearted in my attempts to seek God when I do.

But why?! Why have I become this way? Has it just become a routine and I haven't valued that time like I once did or something else? Maybe because of what I lack here, I've become dishearten in my pursuit. Either way, with all of this coming into play, I'm really rethinking about transferring now...

Please pray that I may, once again, gain clarity on the matter, that I may regain my "internal" compass again and pray that nobody and nothing becomes my primary reason on whether I stay or go; that it be totally God and his will in the matter... I need this so bad right now guys... Thanks!

~Jeanne :*(

2 comments:

superbeffie said...

Honestly, sweetie it is common issue in Bible college. The Bible becomes a textbook instead of the living, breathing word of God. One of the biggest obstacles is learning to interact with it on these two fronts simultaneously.
Have you tried a fast? It doesn't even have to be a fast of food, it can be a media fast or a fast from caffeine if you drink a great deal of it. Then lock yourself in a room with no phone or computer or distractions from God. Pick a few passages that have spoken to you in the past and give them a chance to speak to you in a new way. The Bible can be awesome like that. Set aside any moment you can to pray and to be silent. One of the hardest things for me has always been to be still and know that HE is God, but I have always gotten my strongest word from Him when I manage to quiet myeslf.

And be happy that you have someone to bust your chops. Much though parents can tick you off, you have a chance now for honest soul searching so you can right what is wrong. Someone who accepts you as you are but loves you too much to let you stay that way is one of the greatest gifts you can receive.

Nana Rz said...

May His Word lead you into the answer that He wills for you.

Knowing that His dreams are highest, His ways are crazy, and He is a wild God and we can trust Him.

Much love,
Rozy

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers