Facebook Badge

Monday, August 23, 2010

Arriving in Toccoa, Delays and New Possibilities...



Hey guys! Hope all y'all are doing well.. I know I am! :D

So... its official! I'm here in Toccoa and already started going at it full throttle here! I had to show up here last Tuesday to begin orientation and thanks to the help of my dad and my absolutely wonderful best friend Rich I was able to move everything in real quick (unfortunately we got a bit a wet, Rich more than any one else...). Soon enough, I was set up and well underway the next day in Orientation. I spent the next 5 days doing nothing but learning about the school history, the different programs, where everything on the campus was, meeting my adviser, etc. Yesterday was all the new/transfer students last day of Orientation and we began to meet more of the regular students who returned the same day. With all that done, we started classes today and I'm actually really excited! I know these classes are going to challenge me and grow me like none others have! I can't wait to see what's going to happen next... :)



So, I did receive some discouraging news this week. I met with my adviser this past week during Orientation and I explained to him what I wanted to do and what degree I would like to get and all. He looked somewhat hesitant to say what he said next: in order to do the degree I want to do (Secondary Education in History with a minor in Cross-Cultural Studies w/ a TESOL certification) it would take me doing school straight through (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer) for the next two years and/or tack on another year. O.O; Well that's... great... *Sigh* Fortunately, Dr. Jalovick (Dr. J for short) was very encouraging and said that it maybe that God needs me here. Well, if its his will... who am I to argue? All I know is, I think I'm done switching schools! ;)



Well if anything else, I know that one thing is for sure... new adventures and possibilities are on the horizon! Who knows where God will led me next? With all the new things, new people, new places that I've begun to get acquainted with... and what's even cooler is I get to strengthen, develop and grow relationships with friends that are up here near me so that's always exciting and encouraging... ;D (Although, a few of my new "friends" up here have already tried to set me up - not once - but twice now with two different guys in less than a week! Oy vey... >.<)

Well, that's it for now! Gotta get back to the homework already (man, I hate typing that word). Hope all is going well for y'all and I hope I get to hear/see ya soon! Come on up and visit me in Toccoa! I wouldn't mind it one bit... later days!

~Jeanne;)

2 comments:

Debbie Houchens Interiors said...

You said someone "tried" to fix you up. What happened next??

Jeanne Taylor said...

LOL! I kinda shut it down real quick... I just wanna survive the first week of college here. :)

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers