Facebook Badge

Friday, August 6, 2010

A quickie of a blog: Toccoa: straight ahead, children growing and breaking new ground...

Hey there y'all! I know its been awhile but all is well and hopefully the same can be said for y'all!



Well, I have about a week and a half left before I'm up in Toccoa! I can't wait!! :D New adventures, new people, new goals... I couldn't be more excited or anxious to see what life has in store for me up there! I do know that God has lead me there for several reasons and I can't wait to see! :)



Well, its that time of the year again: back to school for everyone (especially in my house). My mom is heading back to teach first grade for her 4th year now (she's amazing at it, just saying!) and all of the kids are heading to school as well: my nephew Jarrett is about to start Pre-K here (he's getting so big) while Layla, my niece is heading to 3rd (she's become a bit of a fashionista). Savannah, my little sister, is heading into 5th grade - her last year of elementary school while Harrison my little brother is starting into middle school this year. I can't believe he's in the 6th grade now! He's gotten so big and is so sharp! Its time like these I can't help but face the fact that they've grown up so much! I love them to pieces!! And its also good cause now the adults have the house to themselves again in the day... ;)



In the reading department, I'm still reading my LOTR series! Don't know if I'll get it done in time but I'm determined to finish it. Now when it comes to my books for quiet time... well, lets just say that I've been breaking some serious ground, especially in the areas of faith and trust which is something I've been needing to deal with for a while. I just finished John Ortberg's "Faith & Doubt" (which is incredible - that's one that everyone should read, especially those who dealing with the issue of whether or not Christians should have doubt). Now, I've started into another Brennan Manning book that a friend of mine has been recommending to me for a while now, "Ruthless Trust". I read the first chapter last night and it has already hit me hard in the heart and torn me up a bit inside - which is a very good thing. I don't have much to go on right now but if this is how its going to be every time I pick up this book, I can't wait to read it... :)

Well, that's it for now! (Told ya it would be quick) Hope you all are having a fabulous end to the summer, good luck (and God speed) to those of you returning to school (I know I'll probably need it) and hope to hear from y'all soon! Later days!

~Jeanne ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers