Facebook Badge

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Another week, another internship adventure, and look! Awesome bacon cheeseburgers! :)

Hey there y'all! So... I just finished up week 2 of my internship where I got to help facilitate Chick-Fil-A's week-long Winshape Camp at our church for 1st graders to 6th graders. Y'all I have to say I have never been so exhausted and yet so extremely overjoyed and in love by an incredible event like this before! We had over a 175 kids show up to the camp during the week where they learned how to not just be ordinary people, but extraordinary people for God! The kids learned about repentance, courage, surrender, missions, and worship while they participated in awesome activities like cooking, archery, flag football, digital photography, gymnastics, dance, drama, and ever so much more! We had the amazing green team from Winshape Camps, consisting of 23 gifted and incredibly altruistic 20 somethings, come in and lead 30 volunteers from our church. So many lives, children and adult alike, were impacted in some way, shape, or form. By the end of the week, we had 15 kids accept Christ as their Lord and Savior! Praise the Lord!! I can't tell how incredible of an experience this was and how much I can't wait to use this event myself once I become a Children's minister! If you want to learn more about it check out their website http://winshapecamps.org. In other news, I got introduced to another one of the local restaurants here in Anderson: Arnold's Famous Homemade Burgers! This one and only restaurant has been a part of the Anderson community since 1981 and has been one of the main staples of Anderson ever since! The restaurant is set in a 50s/60s diner with the black and white tile floors, bright silver lunch counters and chairs, and tons of photos from that era forward; definitely a very easy going, friendly, and enjoyable place and atmosphere. But its their food that really gets the customers coming back! Ranging from their famous homemade burgers to chicken fingers to salads to just about anything, Arnold's really has some of the freshest, best tasting food around. I was joined on my first visit there with my host family as we sat to enjoy our some time together (which is rare) and some awesome burgers and hot dogs. I had a great bacon cheeseburger; the patty's texture may remind you of a Wendy's burger but I guarantee you its so much more fresher than Wendy's is! So whenever you're in the area and are craving a good burger, check out Arnold's! To contact them or get directions, check out their website at http://www.arnoldshamburgers.com. Well that's it for me! Hope all is going well for you and hope to hear from you soon! Later dayz! ~Jeanne ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers