Facebook Badge

Monday, June 11, 2012

It's been so long. Time to fix that - What I'm up to now and the new hobby I've started on... ;)

Hey there y'all!! Sorry for the very, VERY long time off from the blog but now I'm back! And... I've got a couple things happening that I just had to share with y'all!! One of the first things that I want to let y'all know about is that ever since Thanksgiving last year, I've been looking for an internship for me to do as a requirement for my degree in Family and Children's Ministry. About a month before summer began, I locked down and confirmed an internship! Right now, I am literally typing this from my host home in Anderson, SC where I am living for the summer while I fulfill my summer internship at Covenant Baptist Church. I work under some of the best pastors ever and the kids are so much fun! I'm enjoying it so, so, SO very much! Right now I'm in my 2nd week of internship as the church is hosting Chick-Fil-A's Winshape Camp and we have between 150-200 kids this week! So excited and so much fun! When it comes to the rest of the internship, I have so much more to do and so much more to plan and to execute but I really can't wait! Now another thing I've been wanting to announce for quite sometime! I've been wanting to get to see and get to know the cities that I've been living in while also helping to invest back into the community! So what better way to do that than to not only check out the local restaurants but to also promote them and advertise for them! So you could say I've become somewhat of a local food critic and advertiser... ;) Now while I'm here in Anderson, SC I'll be sure to let you know what I find and how it goes! And since I'm already here... ;) Let me tell you about one of the most popular hot spots for eating and enjoying one of America's favorite classics: Hot Dogs! Check out Skin's! Skin's Hot Dogs has gotten such a awesome response and following that it even made it on to Food Network's popular TV show "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" with Guy Fieri! Having been around for about 66 years, its become a real staple in the community here in Anderson! As it tells us on their website: "Skins was established in Anderson, SC in 1946 by Loyd “Skin” Thrasher. In a humble, “pool hall” type atmosphere Skin sold anything he could, including short-order meals such as sandwiches, hamburgers, & the same hotdogs we enjoy today. As time passed, the hotdogs became the item of choice for Skin’s patrons. To meet the local milltown folks’ demand for a quick & quality meal, Skin decided to get rid of the pool tables & concentrate on hotdogs. Today the legend lives on just the same."~skinshotdogs.com Seriously, when I first got here and started asking around, this was one of a few names that kept popping up! Now I will say that unfortunately I didn't get to try this at one of their four restaurants but it was an awesome experience none the less! Classically cooked with a great blend of pork and beef meats, either naked or covered with their chili, its a great place to come to enjoy good food at good quality! Well that's it for now! I'm gonna chill out for a while before heading to bed and finishing the rest of this week with Winshape camp! I'll let y'all know how it goes as well as some more killer restaurants in the areas! Later dayz! ~Jeanne ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Hey there! Jeanne here! In case you're wondering, I'm 26 years old in college right now studying History and later to teach it. I love meeting new people and getting to know more about others... especially if I can help them out!!

Wisdom Archive...

  • Watchman Nee
  • Og Mandino
  • Bruce Wilkinson
  • Max Lucado
  • Mitch Albom
  • William P Young
  • JRR Tolkien
  • Oswald Chambers
  • AW Tozer
  • CS Lewis
  • Hannah Hurnard
  • Gene Edwards
  • Richard Foster
  • Dean Sherman
  • Neil Anderson
  • Randy Newman
  • Joyce Meyer
  • Beth Moore

Followers